Bits and Pieces

Sunday, February 29, 2004

Oscar Night

Well, it's that time of the year again. Hundred of malnourished women and guys in penguin suits gather to applaud each other. I'm no fan of the Oscars. Anyway, here are the predictions. Since I haven't actually seen most of the films (in fact I haven't even heard of most of them) you shouldn't expect a high level of accuracy.

Best Picture

It has to be Return of the King. I haven't seen it, but everyone said it was great, so I'll take their word.

Actor in a Leading Role

I think Bill Murray deserves it. I haven't seen Lost in Translation but Murray has been impressing me since Caddyshack. Come on - Ghostbusters, Scrooged, What About Bob?, Groundhog Day, Kingpin, Wild Things, Rushmore, The Royal Tenenbaums. Can you think of a guy who is more deserving of praise? Didn't think so. Give the man a prize.

Actor in a Supporting Role

I've not seen any of the films, but Tim Robbins is consistently good.

Actress in a Leading Role

Again, I haven't seen any of the films, and have only heard of one of them (Something's Gotta Give), but I'm gonna say Charlize Theron.

Actress in a Supporting Role

I neither know nor care. Who the hell is Shohreh Aghdashloo? I swear Hollywood gets weirder every year.


And what have you learned from reading these predictions? I need to go to Blockbusters more often.

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider