Bits and Pieces

Monday, April 05, 2004

What the?

Hold on a minute, cause I think I'll need someone smart to explain this one to me.

I got an e-mail yesterday from Michael Friedman in which he says

"I'm actually a little ambivalent about this whole anti-Kos jihad... I'm not thrilled with the hit I'm doing against his income."

This followed the campaign he led to have Kos' advertisers pull their blogads from the DailyKos. I took this statement to mean that he had gone through with the campaign and then decided that he may have been a little harsh, and he was maybe regretting it a little.

But no. He has a new post up asking his readers to lobby Jeff Seemann, a Democratic Congress hopeful who has decided to advertise on the DailyKos to show his support for free speech.

Hasn't Friedman made his point? His campaign resulted in the pulling of three ads which will cost Kos several thousand dollars a month. This overkill is fuelled by nothing more than a desperate desire to draw more readers to his site.

Here's the URL for Seemann's site. Friedman is asking for his readers to e-mail him and press him to pull his ad. If you think the lynching is out of order then send an e-mail of support to Seemann. It's a bold move to advertise, and I don't think it should cost him any votes.

I'm writing to thank you for your support of the First Amendment in advertising on the DailyKos. The campaign to harm Mr. Zuniga financially is nothing less than anti-American, and it's a credit to you that you have decided to support free speech in all its forms.

I hope this bold move benefits your campaign, and I wish you all the luck in the world in reaching your fundraising target and victory in your forthcoming election.

Sincerely, Keith Taylor

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider