Bits and Pieces

Saturday, May 29, 2004

Hotrod

Finally, I have a car, and not a moment too soon. I spotted an N reg. Fiat Punto in the Autotrader, and got my Pop to drive me out there. It's a nice little 5 door metallic grey beauty. Unfortunately it turned out to have no road tax, so I couldn't drive it home. Now I have to sort out the insurance, make the time to get to the Post Office to get a tax disc, and then drive out to Yorkshire to pick it up. The only problem, of course, is that it has been 5 years since I've driven a manual car, and I'm fairly sure I've forgotten how to drive. I was sitting in the front seat revving the engine when I realised that if I had to take it for a spin I'd almost certainly stall. I'll have to ask my little brother if I can take his car for a spin tomorrow.

Anyway, today is my sister's 17th birthday, so I must leave you all and take her out for some underaged birthday drinks. Adieu.

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider