Bits and Pieces

Friday, October 15, 2004

Fahrenheit 9/11

Dean is annoyed at those who are demanding that the anti-Kerry documentary, Stolen Honour, not be aired by the Sinclair Broadcast Group the night before the election.

I haven't so much as an ounce of sympathy for the people protesting the airing of this documentary. Especially because every person I've seen object to it so far has utterly failed to condemn Fahrenheit 9/11.

I finally saw Fahrenheit 9/11 last week, a pirate copy my brother brought back from India (not a penny goes in Moore's pocket). Now I would have absolutely no problem if the Sinclair Group came to an arrangement with the whiners and showed Fahrenheit alongside Stolen Honour, the reason being that it is bloody awful and should be shown to criminals as a punishment for petty theft and public urination.

I fell asleep around the half-hour mark, and watched the last half-hour in a kind of so what? daze. It was pure dross, and this is coming from someone who used to be a big fan, owns all of his books and watched TV Nation religiously. It's 100% unadulterated bollocks. I don't know what the hype was all about when it came out at the cinema. I could make a better documentary with my ass.

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider