Bits and Pieces

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

All About the Benjamins

I love hearing bloggers talk about blogging. What I love more, though, is bloggers talking about profit. It's a widely held blogging dream that you could, with a little hard work and a lot of jammy luck, make enough from blogging to jack in your 9-5 to spend your days writing and your evenings carousing in exclusive bars with beautiful women (OK, that second one isn't exclusive to bloggers).

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised when the subject of exactly how much certain bloggers make came up during the recent Right Wing News symposium featuring John Hawkins himself, Frank J of IMAO fame, Ace from Ace of Spades, Bill from INDC Journal and Michele of A Small Victory (a qualified group, I'm sure you'll agree). Go and read it for the revelation that Kos pulls in $14,500 a week from his Blogads - though I'm almost certain that a certain amount of dodgy math was used in coming to that figure.

As I've mentioned before, I'm an obsessive stats watcher. I probably spend more time on the popular blogs reading the hit counts and calculating the blogads revenue than I do actually reading the posts. Yes, it's pathetic. Yes, I'm obsessed. No, I don't care.

I've never had more than about 350 hits in a day, but I dream of the day that I get linked by a big hitter and see my hitcounter rocket into the stratosphere. Hey, maybe I should try writing something worth reading. Shit, I never thought of that.

Right, down to work.

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider