Bits and Pieces

Friday, December 24, 2004

A Christmas Miracle. Well, Almost

I got a call today from a company I interviewed for a couple of weeks ago. They offered me the job and told me I'd be starting a couple of days after I get back from my holiday. Kickass Christmas surprise.

AND... as if that wasn't enough, I got a little extra money coming in for Christmas. A couple months ago I got a letter from an online bookies I used to use, back in the days when I juggled about 10 gambling accounts. Apparently I'd left a little over a hundred quid in one of them. Unfortunately I lost the letter and didn't know the account details, and when I emailed them I was told the money was in an old E-cash account so I'd have to speak to E-cash about it. I emailed them several times and never got a reply, so I almost wrote off the money as unretrievable. Checking my email this morning I had one from E-cash to let me know that they found the money. All I have to do is call them and tell them where to send it. Double kickass Christmas surprise.

As if God was telling me not to get in too good a mood I went and lost my car while I was doing some last minute Christmas shopping. I parked in a huge multi-storey battery farm at a supermarket, and then plum forgot where I'd left it. I wandered around like a lightly sweating zombie for 15 minutes, trying to look nonchalant. I don't think I pulled it off. I've discovered it's impossible to wander round a carpark without looking like a car thief. I eventually approached a security guard:

Me: Uh, excuse me. I've sort of forgotten where I left my car. I don't suppose you could help, could you?

Him: You've lost your car *stifling laughter*? OK. Where did you park it?

Me: I don't remember. If I remembered I'd be sitting in it, wouldn't I?

Him: Well, do you know which level you parked it on?

Me: There's another level?

Him: Yup, 2 of 'em. Try level 2. That's upstairs. One level up.

Bah. If he's so clever, what's he doing working in a car park? Smart ass.

Anyway, time to wrap the presents. If I'm not back again today, Merry Christmas everyone. Super Religious Happy Merry Jolly Christmas to all those who hate Christmas.

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider