Bits and Pieces

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Bonfire of the Vanities Week 81

Welcome to the 81st edition of the Bonfire of the Vanities, a showcase of just how inane, bland and verbally diarrhetic the blogosphere can be, hosted this week by the blogger who best represents those qualities: yours truly. This edition of the bonfire is dedicated to my friend James' son (and my newest little buddy), Thomas Alexander Coupar-Shenton - all of a week and a half old, and already smarter than me. Anyway, on with the show.

Nikita Demosthenes reports that former National Security Chief Sandy Berger tried to steal classified documents from the National Archives - in his socks, the wily bastard. Yet another member of the Clinton Administration in trouble over the contents of their underwear.

Bruce Parrello realises that the most dangerous place on earth is the ground between two spitting pussies.

The New Federalist has 3 questions and 4 thoughts (that's more than I have in the average week) about the effect cold, hard cash can have on an 'independent' report.

Basil sears my brain with an image I really, really didn't need. I had to read it. You don't. Run! Save youselves!

...

Fruit of the Loom? Shudder.

Robert Fulton notes that the far right want more sex, less protection..........

Sorry, I zoned out at 'more sex'.

Why so glum, CrankyBeach? At least you'll have steamed loose those crusty stains in your microwave.

Spririt Fingers has been doing naked household chores and commentating on a celebrity lingerie 3-way smack down. Why did nobody tell me? In all seriousness, I'll be going back to this site again and again.

Andrew Ian Dodge receives an odd email. Harpswell, Maine?

CB at Carpe Bonum becomes a substitute teacher for the day.

Digger falls in love, and with very good reason. Lucky Americans and your beautiful commercial actors. We have Michael 'Calm down, dear. It's a commercial' Winner.

Phelps asserts that payola is by no means a modern phenomenon.

Mad Anthony only reads PC magazine for the bad articles.

Apparently, Bush masterminded anthrax attacks. The aliens told us during 'anal probe' hour.

Prof. Shackleford has an idea for Bush's inaugural entertainment.

Multiple mentality hosts the 121st edition of the Carnival of the Vanities, in a strange meeting of the carnival and bonfire.

The Confederate Yankee notes that CBS counts Betsy twice. Hey, say democrats - at least she has an excuse to vote often.

And the brevity award goes to... Brian J.

Beth counts herself red.

I never thought I'd see the day when I'm dissapointed there are no bugs floating in my drink.

The King of Fools shows of his shapely curves.


We're not impressed.




(Disclaimer - this is myself and my brother, sharing a bed on holiday in an entirely non-gay way - not that there's anything wrong with that, of course).

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider