Bits and Pieces

Friday, April 01, 2005

Kevin Proves Survival of the Fittest, Fires Paul

Huh. Kevin Aylward has fired Paul over at Wizbang. After several warnings to drop the whole evolution argument that Paul's been leading these past few weeks, Kevin was finally pushed over the edge today.

I'm fairly sure this isn't an April Fools joke, but lets hold judgement until the morning. Traditionally April Fools jokes are supposed to stop at noon April 1st, so unless they're posting from Hawaii it's too late. More importantly, though, is the fact that this would be a very risky joke considering the vehemence of some of the comments. If we wake up tomorrow to a 'Ha Ha! Fooled ya!' I'd expect an awful lot of feet-shuffling and awkward apologies.

Just to throw my hat in the ring, I'm not too broken up about Paul's departure. I've been reading Wizbang since I first discovered blogs, so Kevin's writing has been part of my day as long as I remember. I actually applied to guest blog when Kevin threw open the doors last year, and I always blamed Paul for potentially stealing my job (kidding - I don't have a chance in hell to write at Wizbang).

Wizbang is better today as a group blog than it was as solo project, but I wouldn't attribute much of that success to Paul (who seems all too eager to take the credit for himself). Jay Tea has been the real discovery of the year. That guy's a genius.

Update

Jay Tea says he may consider bowing out of Wizbang after this. There'll always be a home for him here.

'Nother Update

Yeah, yeah, you should never believe anything you hear on April 1st (though I'm fairly sure the high praise from my boss was on the level). So I'm a fool. What else is new?

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider