Bits and Pieces

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Dean Vows To Fight On

It baffles me what kind of person would continue to campaign after 16 losses (and a 17th expected in a few hours). If I was in Dean's position I'd call it a day tonight or tomorrow. His words? "I'm optimistic."

How can anyone be optimistic after losing 17 straight primaries? I'd be crushed after 1. That's probably why I'm not running. Well, that and the fact that I'm British and have never held office, but that's neither here nor there.

Add to this the fact that his campaign manager has left, and Kerry has seen such fantastic success, it looks to me like its all over for Dean. The only thing that could restore any confidence in him is if he absolutely stormed Super Tuesday, but what are the chances? Persnally, I doubt he'll still be here in March, but Dean disagrees.

"Our campaign is not in turmoil at all. We are moving forward and we are going to go to 'Super Tuesday' and on beyond that," Dean told NBC's "Today Show."

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider