Bits and Pieces

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Waiting to Exhale

I'm holding my breath. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I haven't watched any news all day because I'm certain the next report will be about a new terrorist attack. That's how fucked up we are as a people. I can't vouch for the rest of us, but I've spent so much of the last few years waiting for the other shoe to drop that I'm running out of footwear.

I shouldn't be so worried. An attack this close to election would lock it for Bush. A second attack on US soil would sent millions of angry Americans flooding to the polls to vote for a man who has proved that he's willing to rain fire on foreign soil in retaliation, rather than a man who routinely votes against defence spending and has a 'plan'. Bush's words are like jet fuel for terrorists. Even the most unhinged of them must see his value as a recruiting tool.

On a related subject, Kevin ponders the idea that Kerry, if elected, could out-Carter Carter.

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider