Bits and Pieces

Friday, October 08, 2004

Where's My Fedora?

After such a long break I think it's time to throw my rather weighty fedora in the political ring. I'm calling the election in favour of Bush. Furthermore, I declare that no election will be necessary as the possibility of my being wrong on any subject is about the same as the possibility that several consecutive hurricanes could blow through Florida.

On second thought, maybe you guys should vote - you know, for the look of things.

Despite my bone-deep dislike of Bush, no matter how hard I try I can't see any substance to Kerry. He's a chair filler, an empty hairdo. In saner times that's fine. The Oval Office has seen several hairdos come and go, keeping the nation ticking over for 4 years until someone effective comes along, but you can't afford one right now.

Don't get me wrong. I still believe Bush has all the intelligence of your average tablecloth, and will do nothing but piss off the left and exasperate the moderates for the next 4 years, but it's better than electing a guy who'll worry about nuance while New York burns.

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider