Bits and Pieces

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanks to the Military

OK, words not women, words not women. Bah. It's so easy to post pictures of beautiful women, and so hard to write words, especially as English is my second language (my first is Bad English).
OK, quick Thanksgiving post.

I'm thankful for the men and women fighting in Iraq. I'll fall back on a quote from Black Hawk Down to stand in for my lack of eloquence.

When I get home people'll ask me, "Hey Hoot, why do ya do it man? Why? Just some war junkie?" Ya know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is.

I'm thankful in particular that my friends in the military are safe. Lee Bojanowski, younger brother of my old friend Phil, is serving in the RAF. Adam Lanaghan, a friend of my older brother, is serving in the Royal Navy. I'm thankful that I never finished my military induction as, to be brutally honest, I don't have the balls to put my life on the line.

So thanks guys. Keep it up and let all the bullets aimed at you fall in mid-air.

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider