Bits and Pieces

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Comments

Bill at INDCJournal discusses the regular slew of criticism he gets as a prominent blogger, and compares it to the criticism prominent members of the MSM must receive due to their larger audience - specifically, Dan Rather.

He also trots out the regular point about comments policies. As usual, some small fry blogger takes issue with his complaints. It's a common assertion from bloggers who get 50 readers a day that big bloggers shouldn't whine about negative comments. I've never understood that.

I only get about 500 visitors - and maybe 5 comments - a day, but I've often wanted to just shut down the comments to shut a few idiots up. As any blogger will tell you, it's our time and money that keep our sites running. It's not a democracy, and the only person who has the right to post on my site is me. I, along with every other blogger, reserve the right to delete comments, ban users - hell, we can even edit your comments at will to make you look stupid. If you don't like it, read something else.

It really is as simple as that.

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider