Bits and Pieces

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Drunk Blogging (Updated)



I got approached tonight by a woman who has just been dumped by her boyfriend. I took this particular woman on a date about 6 months ago, and she turned down a second date in favour of going out with this guy. He dumped her after she hit him while drunk, and she asked me for an insight into why he dumped her.

Isn't there a rule against this kind of thing? She can't ask me that. If she does, my response will always be - 'because you're stupid'. You can't get drunk and bitch to me about it. Better luck next time. Try to pick the nice guy. Now go away.

Anyway, the point of the post has nothing to do with that. I'm worried about the next couple of months, to tell the truth. When I got fired a few weeks ago I was damned happy. I hated my job and was pleased for the opportunity to take a few weeks off to watch TV and sleep.

The first week I applied for jobs I wanted to do. Well paid jobs that I'd enjoy. No takers.

The second week I applied for jobs I wouldn't enjoy, but that would pay a decent wage. The same kind of job I used to do. No takers.

Last week I was applying for jobs I didn't want to do, but that paid a living wage. Such as meter reader, mail sorter and supermarket shelf filler. No takers yet.

So, I'm getting very concerned about how I'm gonna get through the next month or two. I have just enough money to get through Christmas (despite being unable to get decent gifts for the family), but beyond the new year I have no idea how I'll pay the bills. What's worse is that I'm going on holiday with the family New Year's Eve. Not bad in itself - it's a free holiday in the sun - but it doesn't make it easy to get a job.

The plan right now is to go to an interview and not tell them I'm going on holiday - as I can't afford to be turned down because I'm taking 2 weeks off - and work for the rest of December. Then I'll worry in the sun for 2 weeks, and come home and get another job. The problem is that there are very few jobs going right now (just prior to Christmas) and it'll take a while to get a job when I get back from holiday. I'm not at all sure I'll be able to pay the bills.

The worst thing is that I can't say anything about this to the family. Christmas is always tight, and it's not fair to bitch to the folks that I got fired. I've already been warned that they won't bail me out of this. Still, every day another bill seems to come through the post, and it's getting to the point that I can't afford to pay them.

Don't worry, kids, I'm not begging for donations. I hope it doesn'tt get to the point of having to not go on holiday, but I'll get by. If you have any spare money lying around you should give it to my brother, who is raising money for a Christian school in India. For me, it's just a matter of tightening my belt and spending all my money on the bills.

Update -



I'm searching for a quote from Wayne's World 2, but can't find it (this Internet thing isn't all its cracked up to be), so you have to work with me.

Remember the scene where Wayne has broken up with Cassandra, and everything looks shitty? Wayne rants to the camera, and it turns and walks away. Wayne calls it back and says something along the lines of 'Hey, come on back. I'm sorry I yelled at ya. It's not that bad' and then grins and shoots two thumbs up.

There ya go. It's Monday morning, I'm applying for every job that says 'immediate start' on the description, it's a beautiful crisp blue winter's morning outside, there's enough petrol in the car to drive to interviews, and I have a banana that's just a little too ripe. Life ain't that bad. Smile.

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider