Bits and Pieces

Friday, December 17, 2004

VICTORY!

I just got home from my appeal hearing. I went in ready to lay into them and use my little blackmail weapon, but it wasn't necessary. The meeting was just between me and a woman from Human Resources. I thought it was odd, as these appeals are supposed to be attended by a senior manager. As soon as I sat down she explained that she hadn't called in a manager as she had already made a decision.

In short, I am vindicated. After looking over call data and interviewing my old manager, she came to the conclusion that I had been unfairly dismissed. Since I was sacked just a few days before I was due to leave, I will only get a few days worth of pay as compensation, but after a month of fighting to clear my name I don't care about the money. The main point is that I am right. I won. My name has been cleared, and I can't wipe this smile from my face.

Now, I have a long and embarrassing history of getting fired from jobs. It's usually my fault - I work hard until I hate the job, and then slack off until they fire me. This one was different. I worked my ass off for over a year. I didn't take sick days. I exceeded targets. Forgive the profanity, but I was fucking great at my job. When I got fired it was like being punched in the gut. Since then I've been fighting to get my name cleared. I've suffered the humiliation of having to admit I was fired during interviews for a new job. Nobody would hire me. Hell, I ended up temping in a damned ice cream factory to cover the bills.

That's enough. I'm just happy it's over.

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider