Bits and Pieces

Monday, April 18, 2005

God Bless Alcohol

Jesus H. Christ I had a shitty day.

I noticed one of my rear tyres was almost flat this morning, so I drove to a nearby petrol station by a supermarket to pump it up. About 200 yards from the station the car started coughing, and I noticed it was totally out of petrol. I managed to nurse it into the car park, but it gave up the ghost just 30 yards from the pumps. So... I had to buy a petrol can to carry the gas 30... fucking... yards. Hell, the pump almost stretched that far. I could have pushed it but I'd look like such a loser I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Anyway, a few quid later the tank was full but the rear tyre was still flat and the station didn't have a working air pump, so I had to drive a few miles to the next station. That one didn't work, though, so I had to drive a few more miles looking for another. After almost getting into the centre of Manchester I gave up and drove back. Two hours wasted, and I only got half the work done that I planned.

Thank God I got drunk tonight.

Heh.

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider