Bits and Pieces

Monday, April 04, 2005

The Secret of Its(apundit) Success

Now, here's a perfect example of an April Fools joke that was well executed, didn't take advantage of the readers (grrr) , and had a positive effect on everyone involved. It's A Pundit.

Basil set up itsapundit.com as a joke, a piss-take of Glenn Reynolds' ubiqitous Instapundit. He invited a select few of us to come along and guest post (he must have mailed me the invite accidentally, I'm sure), and guest post we did.

Now, a few days later, we're still posting. What's more, a lot of people are reading. Already itsapundit has around double my readership, and with the level of funny that gets written there every day - not forgetting the sheer volume of it - I can see it's popularity continuing. It's a unique opportunity to read the work of some of the funniest and most talented 1st graders in the blogosphere in one place.

For my part I'll keep posting there as long as Basil leaves it up. I recommend you read while you have the chance.

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider