Bits and Pieces

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Heading to Europe

As you'll know if you've been reading this blog for any length of time, for the last year or so my partner and I have been in visa exile in Bangkok, Thailand.  Unable to return to Mongolia (her home), I stole her away and settled for a while in Thailand, home of lax visa requirements and reasonably priced beer.

A little later this year, though, we'll finally have enough money to choose our home based not on price and visa requirements but our own preference, and we couldn't be more excited.  I'm from the UK and the missus used to live in Paris, so we've decided to head to Europe for six months or so to catch up with family and friends.

We won't just visit the UK and France, though.  Since my girlfriend's visa will allow her to travel to every country in Europe we're gonna take a little tour around the place.  Just recently a few of my friends have taken holidays in Javea, Spain, and they've been raving about the diving down there.  The sounds like a good place to start the summer (we're both avid divers).

After that, who knows?  We'll eventually work our way up to Paris and then head on to the UK to spend Christmas with my family, after which we'll explore the winter wonderland of Scandinavia.  I've been reading a perfect travel destinations blog post about North Cape, the northern tip of Europe, and that sounds like as good a place as any to end the trip.

So, six months in Europe and only a few destinations decided on.  Any recommendations?

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider