Bits and Pieces

Monday, February 06, 2012

Car Seat Covers for Girls

After two years without a car we finally picked up a beat up old Toyota yesterday.  We don't really have the money to pay for gas, insurance and everything else you need to get on the road, but we were so sick of riding the Bangkok BTS every day that we splashed out a little.  The BTS costs about 3 dollars a day, so driving around the city is sure to cost us much, much more.  Oh well. 

We did splash out on one thing, though.  My girlfriend is a huge fan of pink, girly things, and since I convinced her to cut back on her shopping in order to afford a car she backed me into a corner and got me to agree to buy a couple of car seat covers for girls.  I'm now the proud owner of a pair of Hello Kitty car seat covers.  Oh dear. 

Now, I'm no fan of Hello Kitty.  I spent a couple of months living in Tokyo in 2010, and that experience was enough to turn me off the sugary, oh so sweet and innocent phenomenon.  I'd just as soon not have Hello Kitty car seat covers in my Toyota, but I guess this is what happens when you stumble into a relationship.  It all starts great, then you start to compromise who you are for the sake of your girlfriend.  Before you know it you're driving around Bangkok in a beat up second hand car with Hello Kitty kissing your back. 

Well, it's better than getting the train.

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider