Bits and Pieces

Friday, February 17, 2012

Jailbreaking the iPad 2

I've really been getting into hidden object games recently (for an example, check out Hidden Chronicles on Facebook).  They're a great time waster, and when you're stuck on a train for hours on end they're a great way to make it a little more tolerable.

I got a new iPad 2 the other week in Bangkok, and two days later I found myself on a train to Laos on a visa run.  The problem is that money's a little tight these days, and I just didn't have the money in the bank to pay for a whole new set of games for the new iPad.  For some reason I wasn't allowed to simply copy the games from my iPhone to may iPad, despite the fact that I'd already paid for them once.

So yeah, 12 hours before getting the train I was desperately looking for a way to jailbreak iPad 2 in order to download a few games to pass the time.  After a few hours of running around the Bangkok electronics markets to find someone to do the job for me I finally returned home and found a piece of software that allowed me to do it in 5 minutes (you can check the link for the site).  After hours of downloading games I managed to get enough to last the 20 hour train journey.  Score!

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider