Bits and Pieces

Saturday, February 21, 2004

i.e.

I'm just back from a club, having difficulty typing (5 attempts at the word 'difficulty'; 3 at the word 'the').

I'm still on a buzz from the beer, so I thought I'd take a look at instapundit, where I found this entry (e-mail opinion, rather than the views of Glenn Reynolds):-

The Democrats are trying to hold open seats in the Carolinas, Georgia, Florida and Louisiana, and they have sitting senators up for re-election in the Dakotas, Arkansas and Nevada. They also hope to pick up seats in Oklahoma and Alaska. None of those states are places where naysaying about Iraq or demands for deference to the U.N. are likely to play well.

the Democrats will have to be very careful with their foreign policy message as November nears, or risk down-ballot disaster that solidifies the GOP's hold on the Senate.


In part I agree. Naysaying about Iraq will not work, as the Bush administration will simply cloud the issue with information suggesting that the Iraqis are much better off and happier today than they were a year ago. The Democrats are picking a fight they can't win.

However, I do not agree with the idea that the Democrats should be careful with their foreign policy. As I said earlier, they need to come out fighting with their policies. Damn the naysayers. If the public don't agree then damn well make them agree. Choose a destination, guys. Choose a destination.

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider