Bits and Pieces

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

I got fired today. Shit.

I'd handed in my notice a couple of weeks back, and they fired me three days before my notice was up. I was caught on a bogus charge of gross misconduct so they could fire me on the spot. Fucking petty bastards. To make matters worse, my car ran out of petrol this afternoon, and I had to call out my brother to help.

A colleague recommended that I sue for unfair dismissal as the charge they got me on didn't constitute gross misconduct, and deserved nothing more than a quiet word and a slap on the wrist, but at the end of the day I only had a few days left so I don't think I'd be looking at a huge amount of compensation. Besides, this gives me a few days off to lie in and play Playstation before I get a new job. A blessing in disguise?

The only good point today was driving out the company car park playing the Pixies 'Where is my Mind?' at an ear-bleeding volume while blasting my horn continuously. The thought of not having to get up in the morning was almost too much to bear, and a wide grin threatened to take off the top of my skull.




website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider