Bits and Pieces

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Additional Duties

I've been thinking for a while about the future of the blogosphere - and, specifically, my part in it. I've run Sortapundit for about 2 years now. During that time I've never attracted more than 4000 visitors in a day. On average it's been much lower. On any given day I get maybe 300 visitors.

There are countless thousands of blogs around here with that sort of readership. We trundle along in second gear, occasionally grabbing a link from a big hitter and briefly enjoying the attention it brings with it. For the most part, though, it seems almost pointless to put in too much effort. After all, the chances of even the best post being noticed are small, and the long-term rewards even smaller. Still, we soldier on. Resigned to the fact that we'll never make it big, we carry on like this because it's all we know how to do. What would we do if we didn't blog? Work? Not a chance.

However, there are advantages to being such a faceless veteran. I'm experienced enough to be accepted, and even occasionally invited, to guest blog on other, more popular sites. As such, I'll be adding to my guest blogging duties at Iraq Election Diatribes with a position at The Command Post. You know what this means? My readership rises from 300 a day to over 10,000 a day.

You know what else? I can just post the same crap on all 3 sites! I'm a frikkin' genius. Today, The Command Post. Tomorrow, the world!


website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider