Bits and Pieces

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Bah

Bah. My interview yesterday didn't go at all well. My experience and ability to do the job was fine, but they didn't like the fact that I hadn't shown 'initiative' in job hunting. Apparently it isn't enough to gather years of experience in sales, register with several agencies and apply for jobs whose pay and benefits reflects my skills. What I should have been doing is sending my CV out to every Tom, Dick and Harry who has a sales department, turning up unannounced at businesses and demanding interviews - even taking phone numbers from the side of company vans and trucks to pursue a job. Thanks for coming in, but you're not what we're looking for.

Anyway, I got a call today to arrange an interview for next week. Good, solid company; 6 thousand more than I'm earning at the moment. To be honest I'd be more than happy to stay where I am. This new job, despite the poor salary, is the best job I've ever had. Zero stress, out in the fresh air, I set my own hours and my boss doesn't have the number to my mobile phone. It doesn't get much better than that. Still, if someone offers a big raise and a nice car, who am I to say no?

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider