Bits and Pieces

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Tally Ho!

It occurred to me a few weeks ago that, despite being as English as Hugh Grant's floppy hair, I write in an American accent. It's probably a subconscious bow to the fact that the majority of my readers are Americans.

Still, screw 'em. The free ride's over, kids. I'm writing in English from now on, and if you can't understand any of my Britishisms you'll just have to jolly well get used to it (or, at a pinch, consult this genius English-American Dictionary - God bless the Internet).

Damn. Some blighter needs to use the bloody computer. Back in a jiff.

Update

My brother correctly, if pedantically, points out that you don't write in an accent, but a dialect. Point taken, considered, ignored.

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider