Bits and Pieces

Monday, June 26, 2006

Boobies for Bucks and More

Dean reports that Rhianna at A Texan Abroad is offering pictures of cleavage for cash.

I did that once.

Didn't get many takers.

Also, I just noticed this over at Wizbang, about a report that suggests that moving to the US is bad for your health.

(The study) found that living in the United States for more than 15 years was associated with a 1.39 increase in body mass index, a scientific measure for weight.

I'm sure I'm missing an important point here but as I understand it, living anywhere for 15 years is associated with an increase in body mass. If you logged the weight of the 25-year old population of any developed and then repeated the process 15 years later I would be shocked if the total was lower.

Take a look at this example. A 25-year old Ukranian man measuring 5' 10" and weighing 170lbs moved to the US. He finds himself an apartment, works hard and provides for his young wife and new child. 15 years later he is a pillar of the community. He has all those things that 25-year old Ukranians dream of when they first arrive. He has the big house; he has 3 children - 2 boys and a girl; he plays poker with his buddies every Wednesday night and smokes contraband Cuban cigars with a tumbler of scotch. He has it good. Those 15 years weren't easy, though, and he's showing his age. He's still in pretty good shape. Hell, he's only 10 pounds heavier than he was the day the boat docked in New York. Not bad, after 15 years.

Sounds realistic? Well, that's an increase of 1.39 on the body mass index. 10 pounds for a 5' 10" man.

10 pounds is nothing. Hell, I lost more than that in the last 3 months, and I barely notice the difference. I'm 23 now and I weigh about 160lbs. If I can reach my 38th birthday carrying only 10 pounds extra I'll be a happy man.

Now, you'll have to excuse me. I have a Big Mac to attend to.

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider