Bits and Pieces

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Well, I Can't Do Any Worse Than Last Year...

It's time for the obligatory Oscars prediction post. I didn't do too well last year, but I've actually seen a few of the films this time around so I might have a bit more luck.

I can't be bothered to give any real reasons for my picks, but I can guarantee - guarantee! - that they're all locks. Locks! I tell ya.

Actor in a leading role

Johnny Depp (though, for what it's worth DiCaprio went up a notch on my respect scale. He's now on what I like to call 'notch 1'.

Actor in a supporting role

Morgan Freeman, if only for the fact that he deserved the nod for Shawshank in '94. If it were up to me he'd be nominated for his every film. Yes, even the Big Bounce... OK, I take it back. Quit spittin' at me.

Actress in a leading role

Hilary Swank - because she just... won't... stop until she gets it. She's like the frickin' Terminator.

Actress in a supporting role

Cate Blanchett - annoying, but you have to give her something for all those hours with her voice coach.

Animated Feature Film

The Incredibles - to be honest I haven't seen it, but the word on the street - and when I say 'word on the street' I mean all the 8-year old kids I know - it, like, totally kicks ass, dude.

Cinematography

The Aviator - my eyes looked like dinner plates after the bi-plane stunt scenes. It's beautifully shot.

Directing

Million Dollar Baby

Best Picture

The Aviator



And now, watch me swing and miss on every pick.

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider