Bits and Pieces

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Buy iPad Now and Pay Later

I always seem to buy my gadgets at the worst possible time.  I buy a laptop, and the week later my house is robbed.  I buy an iPhone, and the following month I'm in a car accident in Mongolia - the only casualty the phone's screen.  It sucks, but I'm cursed.

When I bought my iPad it was so much bad luck as poor planning that caught me out.  I'd been living in the middle of Thailand with my girfriend for a few months, lagging behind on the tech news for a while, and on a trip down to Bangkok I decided to grab an iPad on a mad impulse.  I didn't need it at the time, and as it turned out I wouldn't use it for about 6 months.

Just two days after I bought my iPad, the iPad 2 was released.  Slimmer body.  Better screen.  Faster processor.  Same price.

This Christmas I decided to treat myself to an iPad 2, but I hit a bit of a problem.  I'm poor.  I didn't used to be - I was quite wealthy at the start of the year, but I lost my job and ended up travelling around Asia for 10 months with my girlfriend.  There's just no money left right now.

Anyway... I took a look at one of my favourite shopping blogs, Shopping Kim, and found a couple of buy iPad now, pay later deals.  Irresponsible?  Maybe.  I don't care.  My iPad two will be with me in three to five days.

Happy new year, everyone!

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider