Bits and Pieces

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Searching for the Best iPhone 4 Apps

Success!

A couple of weeks ago my girlfriend 'borrowed' an iPad from one of her sisters - she has six of them, and they all earn so much money that they buy gadgets they don't need and rarely use, so the missus often gets hand-me-downs of brand new, cutting edge gadgets (it works out pretty well for her).

Anyway, I've spent the last few days desperately trying to undo a mistake I made.  I hadn't updated the firmware on my iPhone four for about six months, so I plugged in the iPhone and iPad with the intention of upgrading to iOS 5.0.1, re-jailbreaking them both and sticking a hell of a lot of apps on them before we head off for our three-month long 'escape the winter' trip to Thailand in a few weeks.

Unfortunately, it seemed the jailbreak software wasn't quite ready, so I spent a few days with both the iPhone and iPad empty of apps - and I somehow managed to wipe the photos and contact list on the iPhone, too :(

Anyway, while I've still yet to jailbreak the iPad I managed to get the iPhone sorted out, so I've been on the hunt for the best iPhone 4 apps today.  We have a couple of 24 hour train rides ahead of us, so I need a wealth of games and apps to keep myself entertained.

Of course Ogi needs a few apps too, and not necessarily only those that are designed for the iPhone, so I'll be searching for a bunch of free iTouch apps that'll work on her device.  Happy hunting, me!

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider