Bits and Pieces

Friday, January 06, 2012

I am Pissed Off


Those who know me will probably agree that I'm a pretty mellow, laid back kind of guy.  I take life as it comes, and I'm not easily riled.  The way my life has been for the last couple of years has tested my resolve a little, and for the last two months I've been living in a country in which I would probably be beaten on the street in broad daylight if I held my girlfriend's hand (Mongolian guys need some serious re-education about acceptable behaviour), but all in all I'm usually calm.

For the last couple of weeks Ogi and I have been hanging out with an Argentinian guy on his way around the world.  We put him up for a few nights at our place before booking him in to a local hotel, and when the time came for us to leave Mongolia and return to China for a while, Dan asked if he could take the train with us.

and so it was that last night on the Chinese border at 3AM we handed over our passports to the Mongolian border guards to check ourselves out of the country.  Dan, the owner of a pretty impressively spiky head of hair, was called 'pineapple head' by one of the female guards with who he was clumsily trying to flirt.  He doesn't speak a word of Mongolian, and I made the mistake of translating into English.

He.  Went.  Crazy.

Dan suddenly turned into the human form of the website I am Pissed Off.  He started yelling about professionalism, human rights and God knows what else until we calmed him down and pulled him away.  After being deported from two countries I've learned that you just don't fuck with border guards .

Anyway, here's my point.  There are some people who can happily drift through life without ever getting pissed off.  It's easy.  Most of the people I meet will never see me again, so there's no point getting angry with them.  There are other people, though, people like Dan, who fly off the handle at the slightest provocation.  These are the people who need to head to I am Pissed Off to vent their feelings before they tell the wrong person to fuck off and end up in jail.

website-hit-counters.com
powered by web hosting provider